of physics has a long and distinguished history dating back to the
university’s inception, created in 1969. It was actually started as one
of the departments of College of Science in the University. The first graduate courses were introduced in 1978 and since then this department has produced number of graduates who have found employment in both
Government and Educational establishments of Kurdistan.
Today, our new generation of physicists continues to bring new insights
into the exploration of fundamental problems in different areas of
theoretical, experimental, and computational physics. Examples of which
are Quantum Information, Material Science, Nanotechnology, Atomic
Physics, Laser Applications and Medical Physics.The Astronomy and
Meteorologyare the two other subjects which provide outstanding and
innovative educational opportunities to the many talented students who
enroll in our flexible undergraduate and graduate programmers.
- Timetables for the 2016-2017 Academic Year (2nd Semester):
Events & News:
Details of any upcoming events, such as seminars, workshops, conferences or any other academic news, will be posted here.
Activites and Publications:
Erasmus Mundus MARHABA Program
This program is funded by the European Union and it has the following aims:
MARHABA provides the opportunity for willing students and academics to enhance their
skills in their fields by conducting their research and/or studies in a foreign country
for a specific duration.
We, in Physics department, are proud to have the following two candidates who are granted
a placement in this program:
- To enhance the quality of higher education in Europe.
- To promote the idea of making the European Union a learning centre of excellence.
- To improve the cultural relations between EU and third world countries especially
with regard to higher education.
- Dr. Abdulqader Abdullah Qader who will be going to Leicester University in
the UK for a month in August.
- Rawezh Bakr, a third year student, will be studying his final year at the
university of Cagliar, Italy.